Business Administration Traineeships Sydney
Category: Office Administration
- Recent high school graduates and spouse of recent skilled migrants are encouraged to apply
- Convenient locations in Sydney
- Great start to your career in corporate sector
Are you looking for a career opportunity in business? With a traineeship, not only will you be achieving your Cert III in Business, you will also gain hands on experience within the workplace. We have several traineeship positions in our host companies located in Sydney and these opportunities are ideal for someone with customer service or administration experience.
How does the traineeship work?
This traineeship is a 12 month structured program combining study and work that offers you an exciting opportunity to start a career within the corporate industry. This traineeship is ideal for someone who:
- Is a recent high school graduate who does not want to attend full time university or TAFE
- Is a spouse of recent skilled migrant who does not hold an Australian qualification
This traineeship allows you to study online at your own pace. You will be paid $11 to $18 per hour depending on your age. Depending on the host company requirements, your main tasks could include:
- Answering the phone and directing calls or taking messages
- Office supplies and stationery orders
- Photocopying, faxing, filing, typing, labelling and other general office duties
- Processing purchase orders and payments
- Data entry to maintain inventory journals and customer databases
- Petty Cash processing • Liaise with suppliers and couriers for purchase orders, shipments and freights
- Personal Assistant to a manager
- Assisting concerned managers with accounts receivable/payable, payroll, marketing projects, operational coordination duties etc.
To be eligible for this traineeship, you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident for at least 6 months
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills
- Have previous experience in administration or customer service
- Have basic Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills
- Have completed high school certificate with good results
- Have not completed a qualification equal to or above a Certificate III in any discipline in Australia
- Display willingness to learn and commit to completing Certificate III in Business Administration within a year
How much does it cost?
Trainees, who are undertaking the traineeship for the first time, are eligible for a subsidised training with NSW Government paying up to 90% of the cost of the course. The estimated fee is $1,000.